Top Reasons to Join GFLSCI
Sister Cities International is a non-profit citizen diplomacy network that focuses on creating and strengthening partnerships between U.S. cities and international cities.
By joining Greater Fort Lauderdale Sister Cities International, your contribution enables us to continue to engage in the dynamic projects we have with our Sister Cities around the world. These programs include combating deforestation in Haiti with tree nurseries and in Ghana with bio-fuel solutions, fundraising for Quepos, Costa Rica to help with their police and fire rescue departments. The Youth Ambassadors Program with Rimini, Italy and Kaohsiung County, Taiwan and many more on-going projects.
Additional Benefits of GFLSCI Annual Membership:
Individual, Student and Family Members:
- Learn about 17 Sister Cities around the World by participating in our international activities, events and programs (economic development, cultural, humanitarian, environmental, education, etc...)
- Get Special Member Rates at our many diverse events. Make meaningful contacts and network with international dignitaries. For family members, both spouses benefit from the special rates.
- Get Exclusive Offers available exclusively to our members from our community partners
- Be part of our Online Members Directory: a great way to advertise your business or your services.
- Complimentary Access to our Online Marketplace where you will find special offers exclusively offered to our members. Coming Soon!
- Be part the Best International Organization in Fort Lauderdale
Corporate and Non-Profits Members:
In addition to all the benefits listed above, corporate and non-profits members receive:
- The opportunity to have a full web page company/organization profile in our Online Marketplace including a link to your website (Coming Soon!)
- The opportunity to offer special offers or discount from your company/organization to our members.
- Register up to three (3) company/organization employees that will benefit from the special rates at our events.
Here are some of the programs and events we have accomplished thanks to the continuous and valuable support of our dear members...
YOUTH & EDUCATION:
The McCormick Foreign-Exchange Scholarship
Summer Monthly Foreign Exchange Programs
Foreign Language Studies
Principal Exchange Program with Australia
Promoting Science and Mathematics in Haitian Schools
ECONOMIC & ENVIRONMENTAL
Reciprocal trade Missions to GFLSCI 17 Sister-Cities
Supports Citrix's first CYBER Sister City with Agogo, Africa
Reforestation projects executed with Haiti and One Village-Planete
Door opener to worldwide city management best practices
Fish farm, reforestation and water management in Ghana and Haiti
International diplomacy arm of the city's Diplomats Gala
Multiple year-round country exhibits, fairs, network meetings
Reciprocal non-profit and professional exchanges and hospitality
Tools for Haiti Program
Haiti School Furniture Project
Hurricane Relief Fund for Haiti
Fundraiser and Tool Donation to the Police and Fire Rescue Departments in Quepos, Costa Rica
Partnership with the Wheel Chair Foundation
Fund delivered to Hospital de Ninos, Argentina
Finding, refurbishing and delivery of fire trucks world wide
Supplied a sanitation truck directly to Cap Haitien
Collaboration with organizations throughout the U.S.
Annual Dinner on the River
Annual Boat Parade Celebration to benefit the Thomas McCormick Fund
Meet the Board Events
Membership Drive Events